**** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WILL BE AN ON SITE POSITION****
The Triage Nurse is primarily responsible for managing urgent and emergent patient calls. This includes establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements, as well as triaging calls according to guidelines and in a manner that promotes and assists with restoration of patients’ health and scheduling, coordination of care, and follow-up as needed. The Triage nurse will assist with the management of provider-to-provider calls,skilled visiting nurse-to-primary nurse calls, and pharmacy liaison calls
The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids and blood borne pathogen. Annual BBP Training is required. Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccines are declined. Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
SPECIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Anchor LCHC’s telephonic Nurse Line.
- Triage patients with medical, mental, behavioral, and dental health emergencies.
- Liaise with outside specialists, hospitalists, skilled visiting nurses, and school nurses.
- Liaise internally with medical, behavioral health, and dental providers.Liaise internally with clinical managers and receptionists.
- Liaise internally with nurses and medical assistants.Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Review provider scheduling and suggest changes to the appointment schedule as needed.Attend weekly meetings and periodic department meetings.
- Careful documentation of all patient care services on appropriate forms.Refill responsibilities as well as Pharmacy Liaison
RN/LPN with Massachusetts License. Bilingual, Spanish speaking preferred. History of good attendance and positive work attitude.
- Experience in community health helpful.
- Experience in triage, preferably for Adult/GYN, Pediatrics in an ambulatory setting.
- Experience in working with managed care including capitated plans and reasonable level of comfort handling this type of insurance and all it entails.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
JOB POSTING ID: 20-185, 20-186