Lynn Community Health Center is seeking nurses whom are intersted in taking the next step in their career. If you are currently seeking an opportunity to work with a highly diverse employee staff, be a part of a team where innovative ideas are welcome while we approach our new norm, and help a unserved patient popluation WE NEED YOU! OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE IN FAMILY MEDICINE AND URGENT CARE!!!!!!!!!!
The RN Supervisor supervises the nursing, clinical assisting, case management, and team clerical staff on his/her team /department. The RN supervisor works collaboratively with the Practice nurse Manager/Operations Manager/PASS Supervisor, Medical and Behavioral Health Leader, Providers and other and Nurse Supervisor to assure appropriate staffing, supplies and equipment necessary to promote patient access, continuity of care, preventive health services, patient self management goals, improved health outcomes and positive patient satisfaction. The RN Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day oversight of patient access, triage, flow, treatment and follow- up. He /She organize the daily activities of the team, department flow and appropriate staff and resource utilization. The RN Supervisor provides direct nursing care, and care management, collaboratively assuring that the health care provided is patient centered and both culturally and age appropriate. The RN Supervisor is a member of the OPS, Nursing and Infection Control Committees and the LCHC Managers Group.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
- Supervise, evaluate and discipline nursing, clinical assisting and team medical secretary and collaborate on orientation of staff temporarily or permanently assigned to the team.
- Collaborate with Nurse Case Managers re: nursing case management of patients assigned to PCPs on the team.
- Assure coordination of services between the Team and other LCHC Departments and Services, as well as, external agencies and providers.
- Educate staff on proper use of appointment schedules working closely with providers, the PASS Supervisor/Practice Manager and patients.
- Review Phone messages, Tickler Files and/or EHR/ EPM for follow up care and missed appointments.
- Develop educational materials for patient use.
- Attend Ops, Managers, Nurses’, Infection Control, TJC and Team Meetings and share information with team staff. Meet daily with Clinical Staff.
- Maintain own professional and technical knowledge by attending appropriate CEU classes, seminars etc.
- Assure that LCHC standards of care and policies/procedures are consistently followed.
- Assure compliance of CLIA Laboratory according to CDC, CMS and TJC guidelines and standards.
- Assure compliance of medications according to CDC, CMS, TJC storage and handling guidelines and standards.
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing and the Director of Operations, assure continuous “inspection readiness” through compliance with DPH and TJC standards and guidelines in all areas of patient safety, including the environment of care, the record of care, medication management.
- Render professional nursing care for the well being of patients. Take patient vital signs; provide wound care; administer prescribed medications and vaccines by proper route; provide health teaching to patients and families related to medical conditions, treatments, and medications, maximizing the patient’s self care potential.
- Assure that required specimens, diagnostic, and alb testing occurs, and that providers and patients are notified of test results.
- Triage phone calls identifying most appropriate intervention for patient i.e. future appointment with PCP, same day appointment, urgent care, referral to hospital etc.
- Document in the EHR all nursing assessment, care planning, and actions taken for all patient nurse contacts (in person and by phone).
- Provide or arrange for patient education.
- Perform or assign various duties, such as maintaining stock levels of medications, instruments, equipment, dressing supplies etc.
- Participate in the development of site goals, objectives, protocols and procedures. Identify operating problems; recommend appropriate corrective action; implement approved plans as recommended.
- RN with Massachusetts license
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited program preferred
- Masters Degree, preferred
- History of good attendance and a positive work attitude
- Bilingual in Spanish/Khmer/Russian preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills and understanding of flow issues
- Two to five Years experience in Community /Public Health and supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in Nurse Case Management.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced multidisciplinary practice.
The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids and blood borne pathogens. Annual BBP training is required. Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccines are declined.
Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting 20-039 (Urgent Care)