Please note: This is an abbreviated description for this role. The full description will be provided upon candidate selection.
The Practice Manager is responsible for the daily, multi-disciplinary operations across multiple clinics. The Practice Manager is a key member of the health center’s leadership team, managing a large and diverse team of administrative staff and oversees administrative elements of clinical staff. From check-in to check-out, the Practice Manager will maintain and improve processes to ensure LCHC is providing the highest quality care and customer service to patients. Management of daily administrative and clinical practice operations includes planning and organizing the work of support staff, coordinating and prioritizing work flow, and developing and implementing appropriate systems, procedures, etc. Ideal candidates will be able to actively problem-solve, think creatively, and be able communicate and engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
This position will require either a Saturday and or Sunday weekend hours coverage, with the possibilites of 3 evenings during the week, with a spread over 4-5 days (exact hours are flexible). Our expanded hours have required the need for additional practice management support across our organization. The position will be fully focused on clinic operations and project work – management of daily administrative and clinical practice operations includes planning and organizing the work of support staff, coordinating and prioritizing work flow, and developing and implementing appropriate systems, procedures, etc. Focus and objectives may be subject to change over time.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in planning and implementation of department and division goals, programs and objectives, personnel, resources and equipment/supplies.
- Organizes, manages and coordinates all operational and administrative processes. Manages support staff; organizes and oversees work schedules and assignments to meet operational needs.
- Supports the team focus in providing excellent patient care; Proactively acts to continuously improve and monitor patient satisfaction. Manages the patient experience.
- Develops and implements procedures to ensure efficient processing of work including time of service co-payment collection, on-team referral management, pre-registration, and registration.
- Monitors metrics and facilitates improvement activities in collaboration with clinical leadership.
- Monitors providers’ schedules (Medical & BH) to ensure appropriate staff is present and a reasonable number of patients are scheduled in order to facilitate timely patient care. Coordinate with Team Medical Directors and BH Leads when gaps need to be addressed with individual providers.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. For non-provider staff, has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action. For provider staff, this will be coordinated with Nursing leadership, Team Medical Director and/or BH Lead, as appropriate. Performance reviews will be completed as a unified clinical and administrative pair.
- Has responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
In order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties which differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5 years’ supervisory experience; 3 years’ experience with health care operations required
- Strong interpersonal verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills. Requires professionalism to deal with patients, providers, staff and external partners. Position requires understanding of, and ability to effectively interact with low-income urban populations.
- Knowledge of improvement methods, preferably Lean. Must have the ability to recognize problems, get to root cause, problem solve, prioritize, experiment, implement and sustain results.
- In depth understanding of policies, procedures and operations of a health care practice. Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills; ability to take initiative, demonstrate sensitivity and tact. Demonstrated ability to make good judgments.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment. Desire to operate across multiple departments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Excellent analytical skills, knowledge of medical terminology, business and financial systems.
- Requires proficiency with computer systems and multiple business applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Annual flu immunization is strongly recommended.
- All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID# 21-066