Lynn Community Health Center, a Joint Commission accredited FQHC located 11 miles north of Boston seeks a BC/BE Ob/Gyn to provide comprehensive perinatal care. Our team consists of four Ob/Gyns, one CNM, and several Family Physicians who provide both outpatient and inpatient maternity care. Our call rotation includes Hospitalist support. Our multi-disciplinary care team is a unique model of fully integrated medical and behavioral health care with bi-lingual licensed therapists and case managers.
We serve a diverse low-income city, with a large refugee and immigrant population, including many patients from Latin American countries, Iraq, Somalia and others. The health center provides extensive community health and prevention programs including innovative teen, HIV/AIDS, substance use disorder, refugee, dental, eye care, and school based services. Competitive salary and benefit package, reasonable on-call.
Any questions can be directed to Rachel Vasconcelos Senior Human Resources Business Partner at 617-686-4845. If interested in learning more, please submit your resume to:
Rachel Vasconcelos- Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Lynn Community Health Center
269 Union St
Lynn, MA 01901
Please also send a text message or call 617-686-4845 to confirm receipt of your email and resume.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts history and physical exams and renders well and preventive care in outpatient setting.
- Conducts appropriate sick care and renders diagnosis and treatment as indicated in outpatient setting.
- Prescribes medication and performs colposcopies and minor surgery in the office as necessary.
- Provides education and well-care counseling for all patients.
- Performs emergency treatment in case of serious illness or injury.
- Hospitalizes appropriate patients and performs necessary surgical and medical care as needed.
- Refers patients to appropriate specialty service as necessary.
- Maintains appropriate medical records on all new patients.
- Attends regular medical meetings as scheduled.
- Provides clinical teaching and instruction for mid-level providers.
- Provides appropriate after-hours call and coverage service.
- Graduate of Certified Medical School with M.D.
- Board Certified/Eligible in OB/GYN.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Massachusetts.
- Possession of a DEA number to dispense restricted medications.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID# 21-175