*Please note this position is part time for 14.5 hours per week*
Provides quality oral health care to the patients of the Lynn Community. General Dentist must follow the standards and mission established by the Lynn Community Health Center. General Dentist provides preventative and restorative services in dentistry and promotes optimum oral health
Participate in LCHC community outreach efforts, as appropriate and as assigned. This may include serving as a health consultant for the Lynn Public Schools, local day care centers, after school program, day camps or other community related organizations; providing such services as programmatic consultation, preparation/review of health related policies and documentation or participating in health screenings, health education programs or counseling at health fairs and other similar community events.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and treat dental disease, injuries and malformations of hard and soft oral tissues and related oral structures.
- Examines patients to determine the nature of the dental condition utilizing x-rays, dental instruments and other diagnostic procedures.
- Provides preventive dental services to patients such as application of fluoride, sealants and education in oral and dental hygiene.
- Responsible to supervise dental assistants who are assigned to them
- Provide direct care to scheduled patients and/or walk-in patients when necessary.
- Following all the LCHC Dental policies but not limited to: Emergencies, Prior Approvals, Scheduling, Late policy, No shows and all clinical protocols. Chart all existing treatment, dental conditions and treatment plan in dentrix and order the treatment plan for better communication between clinical and administrative staff for better patient’s care.
- Completion and signature of any forms necessary for patients billing, understanding the different dental insurances basis and meeting the standards and requirements of third- party payors.
- Provide consultation and collaborate to other Health Center providers and staff.
- Participate in scheduled meetings for case management or quality assurance.
- Participate in formulation and evaluation of applicable protocols.
- Participate in any contracts in which the Center is engaged and where his/her services are required, as long as given reasonable notice to consider options.
- Participate in quality improvement activities by the Dental Program and/or the Health Center or as required by a funding or regulatory agency.
- Subject to all standards of productivity established with his/her input by the Health Center or as required by a funding or regulatory agency.
- Participate in on-site and off-site continuing education programs and in-service training, to maintain license and to meet the need of the people.
- Participate in development of short range and long range dental service plans and objectives.
- Present recommendations to Dental Director, Associate Dental Director and Office Coordinator in a respectful manner as appropriate.
- Maintain current awareness of developments in dental care field by attending workshops and seminars and reading professional journals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should health center emergency arise.
- Doctorate in Dentistry (DMD, DDS or BDS)
- Postdoctoral degree in Periodontology
- Massachusetts Licensure in Dentistry.
- Three years experience in the Dental field.
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude.
- The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids, and blood-borne pathogen.
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required.
- Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended.
- All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccines are declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID #20-006 (Part time 14.5 hours per week)