The Patient Navigator in keeping with our mission, we are seeking a talented and compassionate Care Coordinator (Case Manager) to work with our team of multidisciplinary employees to practice and maintain high-quality standards of patient care. You will find challenging and satisfying work alongside colleagues who share your drive and your compassion. The LCHC Recuperative Care Center/ Medical outreach Program, seeks to improve health and wellness of housing insecure individuals in the community. Under the direction of the Team Medical Director and Nurse case manager the Navigator works to assure timely patient access to care & service referral if needed. The navigator participates in a variety of activities designed to educate patients and community members on substance use disorder as well as access to medical care and Behavioral health services. In your daily practice, you will be based in the community and serve as a vital link connecting homeless individuals with serious mental illness, substance use disorders, and/or complex medical illnesses with needed care including mental health, substance use, and primary care as well as services that address social determinants of health needs. You will work closely with nurse care managers and will be responsible for engaging their enrollees regularly (several times a month), mostly face to face, and making sure that the enrollee is getting connected to vital services and progressing towards the goals outlined in their Person-Centered Care Plan. This Care Coordinator will work with a panel of patients on our team in addition to overlapping with all our primary care teams to navigate clients to care as we continue to strive for our Lynn Community mission of no wrong door policy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Participates in direct and indirect patient care including telephone triage, assessment, intervention, health maintenance, and health education, health counseling, and planning activities, under the direction of the Nurse Case Manager..In accordance with provider written orders, LCHC standing orders, LCHC Medication Safety policies and program guidelines safely administers and documents immunizations and /or other medications.
- Tracks and reviews laboratory and other pertinent diagnostic testing, informing RN and medical provider of all results in a timely manner.
- Establishes a positive professional relationship with assigned patients in order to foster the patient’s understanding of his/her health status and associated plan of care.
- Utilizes all equipment safely and reports breakages appropriately.
- Participates in developing and providing outreach activities, appropriate to target patient populations.
- Accurately documents observations, pertinent patient conversations and actions in the EHR, EPM, State, Federal and grant required forms/logs.
- Collaborates with other programs serving the patient in order to foster seamless care.
- Completes and maintains appropriate reporting documents in a timely manner as required by the funding agency.
- Under the direction of the CCP/Refugee/ STAR NCM, coordinates patient care with other departments or providers within the health center including social service, enrollment, referral, BH, HIV, WIC, SBHC, and Dental etc. to assure comprehensive health services for assigned patients.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Attend all pertinent LCHC or grant related meetings or trainings. Maintain own professional or technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, French or other language spoken by LCHC patients is preferred
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse and vulnerable populations
- Graduate of accredited practical nursing program and current Massachusetts LPN licensure
- BLS certification
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
JOB POSTING ID: #21-057- this position is grant funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health