Lynn Communuty Health Center is needing to hire five (5) Patient and Visitor Covid-19 Screeners. We are offering Full-Time and Part-Time - (20) hours a week. Hours of Coverage are Morning, Evenings and Weekends.
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH) has issued guidance for how community health centers (CHCs) can begin in-person provision of a limited number of additional, necessary services and procedures without jeopardizing health system capacity or the public health standards that are essential to protecting health care workers, patients, families, and the general public. This guidance requires that community health centers must have a process for screening patients and companions for symptoms of or known exposure to COVID-19 prior to entering the facility. CHCs must also have policies and procedures for screening patients in advance of a service or procedure, including policies and procedures to facilitate the testing of patients for COVID-19 when medically appropriate as well as for determining whether a procedure should go forward if a patient tests positive.
- All Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) patients and approved visitors/companions will be screened for symptoms of or known exposure to COVID-19 prior to entering the facility, according to LCHC’s existing COVID-19 policies.
- Symptom screening can be completed by both clinical and non-clinical LCHC staff using LCHC approved screening tool (Appendix A)
Symptom screening includes identification of the following signs or symptoms possibly consistent with a viral respiratory syndrome:
- Fever, subjective or documented
- New sore throat
- New cough
- New runny nose or nasal congestion
- New muscle aches
- New shortness of breath
- New anosmia
COVID-19 Exposure is defined as:
- Close contact with a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 person
- Close contact defined as living with, caring for a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 case, or
- Being less than 6 feet from a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 case for at least 10 minutes without masks.
- Additionally, having direct contact with the secretions of a laboratory COVID-19 confirmed case (such as being coughed on)
All patients and visitors, who do not have facial covering, will be provided with a facial covering mask upon arrival to the facility and will be instructed to wear the facial covering for the duration of their visit, as long as it is not soiled or damaged
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Excellent Communication Skills, Professional Demeanor, Good Problem Solving Skills, and Detailed Oriented.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Bi-Lingual- Preferred
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting Id Number: 20-068