The purpose of the Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) HRIS/Benefits Specialist is to:
- design and implement employee benefit programs that attract and retain employees while managing costs consistent with LCHC budgets.
- maintain a system for storing employee data that enables Lynn Community Health Center to make employment related decisions based on data
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as main point of contact for benefit carriers and assist with escalated employee questions and issues related to benefit plans, eligibility and enrollment
- Manage annual open enrollment process and communication with benefit carriers and employees
- Conduct research and analysis on current benefit plans including use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, and overall plan experience
- Survey industry trends, complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results
- Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs
- Perform plan audits and conduct year-end reporting compliance
- Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop employee communication to enhance understanding of the company’s benefits package
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations and other data protection regulations
- Maintain HRIS system that stores employee data in a secure, confidential method and is easy to use for HR Staff and employees
- Write reports, pull and anlyze data that enables Lynn Community Health Center to make employment related decisions based on data. This would include Workforce Planning activities, equity studies, reports for management and regulatory agencies.
- Complete and file compliance related employment reports for EEOc, OSHA and ACA.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural bias or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field of study
- 5+ years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience
- Expertise in employee benefits, benefits contract language, plan designs, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefits programs and applicable laws (ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements)
- Experience implementing new HRIS systems
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with HRIS and benefits databases
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids and blood borne pathogens. Annual BBP training is required. Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccines are declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
JOB POSTING ID: 20-061