The purpose of the Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) HRIS/Benefits Adminstrator is to maintain and update Hurman Resources, Payroll and Benefits systems with accurate and current employee data
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as main point of contact for employee benefit questions and inquiries
- Administer daily benefits processing including enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing
- Maintain employee benefits files and group benefits database and update employee payroll records
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers
- Develop employee communication to enhance understanding of the company’s benefits package
- Assist with new hire onboarding, prepare and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations and other data protection regulations
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural bias or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; experience with HRIS and benefits databases.
- Knowledge of benefits contract language, pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefits programs (ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids and blood borne pathogens. Annual BBP training is required. Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccines are declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
JOB POSTING ID: 20-060