Director of Psychopharmacology will work closely with Chief Behavioral Health Officer in the assessment and development of psychopharmacology services. Director of Psychopharmacology has a lead role in administratively assessing and supervising team based work flows, team based care, is a lead in developing programs and quality improvement projects with respect to psychopharmacology practices across the health center. The Director of Psychopharmacology will be responsible for supervising and educating staff on both safe and evidence based treatment practices. The Director will work collaboratively with prescribers and the health center to create both systems and a culture of safety that monitors and avoids adverse drug events. The Director of Psychopharmacology will supervise other prescribers and be available for case consultations.
- Routine communication with CBHO and senior management regarding current psychopharmacology programming, health center needs, and program development.
- Conduct routine needs assessment on current psychopharmacology programming with a focus on quality improvement and program development
- Lead psychopharmacology weekly training meetings.
- Supervise and support psychopharmacology providers on integrated teams.
- Provide consultation as indicated and deemed appropriate to patient care providers and others within health center.
- Supervise other prescribers on evidence based addiction practices
- Ensure smooth operational work flow with respect to pharmacology services.
- Plan trainings for health center staff on psychopharmacology.
1. Graduate degree in medicine (MD, DO) OR advanced nursing degree (APRN)
2. License and Board certification to practice psychiatry in Massachusetts OR certified as a psychiatric nurse clinical specialist or psychiatric nurse practitioner in Massachusetts
3. “X” license (DATA waiver) to prescribe buprenorphine strongly preferred
4. 3-5 years of previous management experience required
Significant experience and training in psychopharmacology. Has had previous experience in program management, program development, supervision, and quality improvement.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting Id: 18-163