Full Time Permanent and Temporary 6 month Available
Under the general direction and guidance of the Chief Operating Officer, the EPIC Report Writer will analyze, provide technical specifications for, and write individual reports based on organizational and user needs or requirements. Applications include EPIC Clarity, MyChart, Scheduling, Registration/ADT, Billing and Revenue Cycle. Other applications may be in scope including Business Intelligence and other operational databases/tools.
The Report Writer is responsible for validating OCHIN & EPIC system reports and identifying advanced reporting needs with report-consumers when needed. They must meet with report-consumers to understand the needs and manage the overall delivery of reports and extracts. The Report Writer will create technical specifications and outputs for new reports and identifies and validates the appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs. The Report Writer may create new reports, using a third-party report-writing tool (Crystal), to display Clarity data.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing and leading all reporting review sessions and activities for the various types reports: Reporting Workbench and Clarity Crystal Reports, data extracts, and Dashboards.
- Participates in planning for the reporting needs of the organization. Participates in the definition and design of the core/ standard, ad hoc reports, and data extracts
- Responsible for managing technical specifications for entity-level downstream systems or external regulatory agencies extract needs, which includes performing Epic Data Mapping and producing the data extract file by using Clarity databases.
- Conducts technical specifications reviews with the customers to obtain necessary information in order for sign-off.
- Works collaboratively with the customers in testing phase and ensures the final deliveries of extracts and reports meet the needs of the customers.
- Communicates pertinent information to the Director and/or Project Director in a timely manner.
- Develops reports and extracts using Clarity appropriate databases for analysis. Modifies standard and existing reports using the OCHIN Epic Modeled reports as much as possible.
- Participates in technical workgroups in developing department standards.
- Performs technical peer review as assigned and provides constructive feedback and support to team members as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with the Grants manager and the Integration Program Director to design and execute the delivery of extracts required based on the various and specific grant requirements and needs.
- Leverages 3rd party tools such as Business Objects/Crystal for data analysis as needed
- Provides required documentation for all reports and extracts by following the department standards. Manages knowledge transfer to staff.
- Performs report analysis and other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
This position is supervised by the Director of Decision Support.
• Master in Health Policy and Administration or Master in Public Health required
• 3-5 years experience with business intelligence or reporting applications such as Crystal Reports required
• Strong knowledge of SQL; ability to write complex SQL queries and complex stored procedures required
• 3-5 years experience working with Epic electronic health record required
• 1-2 years experience managing data reporting for grants required
• Lean Six Sigma Certification required
• Previous experience in working on quality improvement projects preferred
• Previous experience in project management preferred
• Epic Certification desired but not required.
• Affinity for technology and interest in healthcare operations.
• Ability to successfully obtain Epic certification(s) with provided training(s).
• Understands the technology capability as it relates to the business requirements.
• Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
• Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
• Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
• Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
• Ability to work effectively in a matrixed reporting environment
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID# 21-100 21-188