Work in a collaborative team environment to gain rich, hands-on experience applying improvement and innovation methodologies to healthcare operations. Self-motivated and organized individuals will have the opportunity to work with physicians, staff and leaders at all levels of the organization.
The Business Transformation Associate is responsible for supporting key initiatives aligned with the organization’s strategy to improve business performance throughout the organization. Utilizes Lean methodology, change management techniques and project management tools to plan, develop, execute and sustain effective improvement of critical business processes and systems.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONISIBILITIES:
- Assist in the organizational efforts to ‘create a problem-solving culture’ through the application of Lean thinking and practice.
- Assist in the development of strategies to spread Lean thinking:
- Build LCHC’s internal improvement brand to ensure Lean thinking is embedded into the culture, infrastructure, and management system.
- Nurture LCHC’s co-learning partnership with the Lean Enterprise Institute.
- Support LCHC’s efforts to promote Lean thinking within the broader Community Health Center network.
- Support the operationalization of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Assist in the annual and ongoing planning process with the executive team to ensure alignment and synchronization of clinical and operational tactics with the organization’s strategic plan. Facilitate the identification of key organizational objectives and establish processes by which progress is monitored throughout the year.
- Support LCHC’s shift to Daily Management processes – provide coaching and hands-on assistance as needed.
- Attend various meetings to keep a pulse on the business and help connect dots with others across the organization.
Team Work and Facilitation
- With support, facilitate improvement teams including pre-planning, execution, and follow-up of improvement activities.
- Foster a highly collaborative atmosphere. Bring stakeholders together to collaborate and solve problems across departments and divisions.
- Work collaboratively with team leaders and the team to maintain momentum, track progress, ensure measurable outcomes, and manage conflict for effective team work.
- Ensures implementation of countermeasures and action items.
- Coordinates the communication and documentation of improvement outcomes.
- Supports the development of sustainment processes to ensure key performance indicators are achieved.
- Lead team meetings to set strategies, update project progress, and resolve outstanding issues to drives results.
- Support the facilitation of breakthrough innovation design activities (examples may include simultaneous process and physical space redesign, Design Thinking approach, 3P).
Improvement Methodology Application
- With support, lead the application of Lean principles and methodologies to improve work processes and systems.
- Teach teams and individuals Lean principles and how to apply to problem solving at their appropriate level.
- Problem solving tools include: 8 waste identification, Five Whys, Pareto Analysis, Visual Management, 5S, Pull Systems, Takt Time, Mistake proofing, Standardized Work, Kanban Pull/Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping.
- Analyze existing flow of patients, staff, equipment and systems to identify opportunities for improvement utilizing process observation, flow mapping, cause mapping, and demand and capacity mapping.
- Identify gaps between the current state and the desired future state of the problem under study.
- With support, lead teams with selection and development of appropriate metrics and measurement systems to quantify the efficacy of improvements.
Project Work and Management
- With support, lead several complex projects simultaneously, strategically selected to improve business processes and systems to most effectively meet the needs of our patients. Leading includes taking responsibility for the planning, implementation and follow up activities related to the specific project as directed.
- Orchestrate the prioritization of resources across projects and manage links between projects. Ensure the right people are involved.
- Provide project management expertise during project initiation, planning, execution, and closing, focused on critical success factors (project milestones and deliverables) and the development of contingency plans.
- Ensures appropriate deliverables are developed, including but not limited to workflows, standardized work, process analysis, measurement plans, requirements documents, test plans, implementation strategies, and change management plans.
- Utilize project management tools and techniques to insure timely and regular reporting of project status to sponsors, project teams and stakeholders. This reporting would include project progress as well as issue reporting.
- Assists with the performance of functional and financial impact assessments of Lean initiatives to ensure a prudent use of resources and long-term financial viability.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 - 2 years of operations experience; healthcare experience desired, or;
- 1 - 2 years of facilitation, leadership, and/or management experience, or;
- 1 - 2 years experience in continuous improvement leading, implementing, and sustaining major change initiatives
- Change management project experience:
- Trainer – Able to train on continuous improvement concepts
- Beginner Level Facilitator - Able to facilitate continuous improvement sessions with support
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
JOB POSTING: 21-018