The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting key initiatives aligned with the organization’s strategy to improve business performance throughout the organization. Synthesizes data from Epic EMR and other systems to develop custom reports and dashboards. Utilizes data analysis techniques to provide essential information needed to improve and manage critical business processes and systems. Self-motivated and organized individuals will have the opportunity to work with physicians, staff and leaders at all levels of the organization provide analysis and promote the use of data for decision making.
This is a hands-on technical job that requires experience with relational databases, Epic reporting tools, Microsoft SQL database queries, and Crystal Reports/Reporting Services. The Data Analyst works collaboratively with improvement teams and end-users to understand data and reporting needs in order to produce timely reports that are accurate, clear and formatted to be easily consumed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DECISION SUPPORT AND DATA ANALYTICS:
- Provide advanced analytical support to executive, operational, clinical, process improvement and grant teams. May include:
- Maintains thorough understanding of data sources, information architecture, and documentation workflows.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Produces timely and accurate reports, presented in a clear and relevant format
- Willingness to work in ambiguity regarding data, and showcasing tenacity to research and resolve problems relative to the data
- Conducts technical specifications reviews and develop Epic Reporting Workbench reports, Clarity Crystal Reports, data extracts, and Dashboards.
- Assist teams with selection and development of appropriate metrics and measurement systems to quantify the efficacy of improvements.
- Works collaboratively to ensure requirements are met.
- Leverages 3rd party tools such as Business Objects/Crystal, Power BI, Minitab for data analysis as needed
Participate in planning for organizational reporting needs. Participates in the definition and design of the core/ standard, ad hoc reports, and data extracts. Participates in health center data projects (dashboard, etc.) and in developing innovative methods for health center staff to access data.
Performs technical peer review as assigned and provides constructive feedback to support team members as necessary.
Provides required documentation for all reports and extracts by following the department standards. Manages knowledge transfer to staff.
Performs report analysis and other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of a BA/BS in a relevant healthcare/analytics field
- Previous experience in data warehouse, analytics environment required
- 1-5 years experience with business intelligence or reporting applications such as Crystal Reports required
- Strong knowledge of SQL; ability to write complex SQL queries and complex stored procedures required
- 1-3 years experience managing data reporting for grants preferred
- Previous experience working with Epic electronic health record preferred
- Epic certification or previous experience with Electronic Medical Record systems preferred
- SQL certification preferred
- Affinity for technology and interest in healthcare operations
- Ability to successfully obtain Epic certification(s) with provided training(s)
- Understands the technology capability as it relates to the business requirements
- Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them
- Must possess excellent communications skills, including oral, written, and graphical display of data
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed reporting environmen
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID: 21-100