The Reception/Appointment Clerk 2 will provide clerical support for the medical and behavioral health providers on the integrated teams. These include, but are not limited to, scheduling follow-up appointments with internal medical and behavioral providers, identifying patient correspondence, sorting and identifying mail and faxes. He/She is responsible for greeting patients in a friendly and professional manner and helping them to receive the services they need. For patients with appointments, duties include completing initial registration, verifying and updating demographic and insurance information at every encounter, and alerting clinical staff that the patient is ready. For patients without appointments, ensure that they are able to speak with appropriate clinical staff. He/She is also responsible for answering telephones, taking accurate and complete messages and helping patients get the correct information they need. He/She will have limited access to EMR to print letters generated by providers and viewing the telephone templates to direct patients to appropriate clinical staff.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic health information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Schedule appointments via online scheduling system.
- Verify and update demographic and insurance data in the computer.
- Greet and assist patients with an emphasis on positive customer service.
- Answer phones, takes and relays messages in a timely manner.
- Fax warm hand-off and new intake list to BH Insurance Operation Manager.
- Completes reminder calls for behavioral health providers assigned to the team.
- Responsible for contacting and rescheduling patients when behavioral provider is out of the office.
- Assist patients with insurance problems/questions with the assistance of enrollment staff.
- Continually monitor appointment schedule, acknowledge appointments, and change appointment status when necessary.
- Utilize EMR to communicate with clinical team when appropriate.
- Utilize EMR to print letters (ie: good health and referral) generated by provider and/or office assistant for patients. Monitor Waiting Room to insure patients are being taken care of in a timely manner.
- Assist with sorting and distributing mail and faxes.
- Assist with organizing forms/ documents for scanning/faxing.
- Cross-cover other departmental receptionists including Central Registration as necessary.
- Welcome new receptionists/appt. clerks to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them as requested.
- Translate for providers/patients as needed.
- Other duties deemed necessary or appropriate by Supervisor in order to ensure efficient flow of patients through the health center.
- Attends monthly department meetings and other team or training meetings as requested.
- Alerts supervisor to anticipated or actual problems and/or concerns in a timely manner, so that preventive measures and/or solutions may be initiated.
When assigned to the Market Square/Western Ave Sites:
Complete pre-registration for assigned medical and behavioral health providers.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of secretarial program preferred
- Medical Terminology course completed within one year of hire
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office)
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), professional demeanor, good problem solving skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent customer services skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and to effectively support team goals and objectives
- Pleasant telephone manner; good memory and patience
- Ability to be courteous, efficient, effective, and patient under hectic circumstances
Prefferred Minimum 2 years of receptionist and/or secretarial assistant experience in a medical practice setting.
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Annual flu immunization is strongly recommended.
- All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID: 19-204 (Purple);