The Behavioral Health Integrated Therapist will provide direct clinical service to patients in an integrated team-based model of care; primary location on the Complex Addictions Treatment Team. He/she will participate in quality improvement activities, peer review and help develop programming as needed by the Associate Director of Behavioral Health.
- Take a team-oriented approach to patient care and fully participate in integrating behavioral health into primary care
- Incorporate health behavior change and wellness into patient treatment goals
- Provide telehealth services within the health center’s strategy to expand access to care
- Perform diagnostic evaluations which include substance use history with patients and translate them into comprehensive treatment interventions to meet patient’s needs
- Provide crisis management services in urgent situations
- Create patient centered treatment plans, provide ongoing treatment, and assess patient’s clinic needs and progress
- Coordinate care with other providers involved in the patient’s care including primary care and behavioral health providers as well as community-based agencies
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treatment expertise with multiple substances including alcohol, cocaine, benzodiazepines and other addictive disorders.
- Perform group treatment
- Familiarity with medications used to treat opioid and alcohol use, including Suboxone, Subutex, Vivitrol and others
- Practice within a Harm reduction framework
- Care coordination with area detox centers, sober living, drug court, DCF, etc.
- Competent in Motivational Interviewing and Trans-theoretical Model of Change
- Masters or Doctoral degree in psychology, social work, or mental health counseling from an accredited school
- Independent clinical license to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (LICSW, LMHC, LMFT, PsyD, PhD); license-eligible candidates will be considered
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID: 18-127;