COVID-19 Testing Appointments
Testing for COVID-19 is available for everyone in the Greater Lynn Community at Lynn Community Health Center. You may be tested regardless of your symptoms or exposure to COVID-19. Appointments are strongly recommended, limited walk-in appointments are available. You do not need to be a patient at LCHC or have health insurance.
LCHC uses the PCR anterior nasal swab for testing. We do not offer rapid testing at the health center.
Click the image on the right to watch a video of what happens when you come for your COVID-19 test!
COVID-19 Testing Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
8:30 am - 7:00 pm
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
|Saturday and Sunday||No COVID-19 Testing|
See instructions for non-COVID-19 appointments at the bottom of this page
COVID-19 Testing FAQs:
Who can get tested?
Testing for COVID-19 is available for everyone in the Greater Lynn Community at Lynn Community Health Center. You may be tested regardless of your symptoms or exposure to COVID-19. You do not need to be a patient at Lynn Community Health Center. You do not need to be a Lynn resident.
Do I have to have an appointment?
No, but appointments are strongly recommended.
How do I get an appointment?
- Call 781-581-3900 for an appointment. Appointments are strongly recommended, limited walk-in appointments are available. You do not need to be a patient at LCHC or have health insurance.
- Wait times on the phone are long but waiting to make an appointment will save you time when you arrive for your test. You will be directed to a line dedicated for those with appointments.
Do I have to arrive before my appointment time?
Yes, please arrive 15 minutes before your designated appointment time. This will assist in shortening wait times.
Do I have to pay for my COVID test?
For now, for most people the test is free since Lynn Community Health Center is part of the Massachusetts Stop the Spread Initiative. One exception is if you are not a Massachusetts resident—we offer testing to residents of other states, but they will receive a bill.
How long does it take to get a test?
- If you have an appointment you will go to the “Appointments Only” line which moves fairly quickly
- If you do not have an appointment you will go to the “Walk-in/No Appointment” line. The wait time here can vary depending on how many people show up to be tested.
When will I get my test result back?
- Likely 3–4 days, but we cannot guarantee this timeline.
- If you want to receive your results faster, you can sign up for MyChart, a secure portal where you can see your results as soon as they are posted in your medical record. You will receive an automatic notification when they are posted.
I have a non-COVID appointment at the health center.
Is it safe to come in? How will I know where to go?
- All visitors must enter through the front door at 269 Union Street. All visitors to LCHC will be screened upon entry and will be directed to your appointment as appropriate.
- We have implemented CDC-recommended safety protections and guidelines throughout our locations. You will notice plexiglass and other appropriate signage to ensure patient and staff safety. Please follow all signs throughout the health center during your visit. We are proud to continue offering regular primary care services at this time while also protecting our patients and staff!
- In addition to seeing patients at our locations, we are also offering telehealth services. Depending on your needs, you may be offered a telehealth appointment at your convenience.