Insurance Information

What kinds of health insurance do you take?

Lynn Community Health Center accepts almost all commercial insurance plans.

What if I don’t have health insurance?

Massachusetts residents 18 and over are required to have health insurance. Health insurance can cover the cost of doctor visits, hospital stays, mental health and substance abuse treatment, prescription drugs, and emergency care.

You may qualify for one of several low-cost health insurance programs for adults and children who live in Massachusetts. Our enrollment staff can help explain the choices that may be available to you, and assist you with the Enrollment process.

Download the application:  English or Espanol

Where can I apply?

Call for an appointment or Walk In:

Lynn Community Health Center
Enrollment Department

269 Union Street, Lynn
781-586-6541 or 781-586-6540

Monday – Wednesday 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
Thursdays 10:00 am – 6:30 pm
Fridays 8:30 am – 5:00 pm

Walk Ins:
Walk in appointments are currently not available.

Languages: Spanish, English, Khmer, Russian, Portuguese

Lynn Community Health Center
Market Square Family Health

29 Market Square
781-596-3500 ext. 3335

Mon – Wed, Fri 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Thursdays 10:oo am - 2:00 pm

Spanish and English

What kinds of insurance can you help me get?

  • MassHealth / Medicaid
  • Health Safety Net (HSN) (Formerly known as Free Care)
  • Commonwealth Care
  • Commonwealth Choice
  • Women’s Health Network
  • Unemployment’s Medical Security Plan
  • Insurance Partnership

What documents do I need for insurance coverage applications

[en espanol]

Proof of Identify:

If you are 18 years old or younger you will need:
  • Birth certificate
  • US passport 
  • Certificate of naturalization (if applicable)
  • Social security card
  • Letter of custody or proof of guardianship
  • Legal permanent resident (green card)
  • Proof of income (job, social security, etc.)
If over you are older than 18 you need:
  • Proof of identity (MA driver’s license, ID, Passport, etc)
  • Social security card
  • 2 consecutive pay stubs with your name and address (if working)
  • Most recent federal tax return (If self-employed)
  • Self attested letter for cash income
  • Other income (social security, annuity, etc)
  • Access to health insurance through an employer (ESI)
  • Insurance card (private, medicare, etc.)

Proof of Residency/Address:

  • Utility bill (gas, electric, sewer/water) with your name and address
  • Self attested letter for address
  • Copy of your lease and rent receipt or letter from your landlord
  • School or daycare registration

Proof of Citizenship or Immigration Status

  • US Passport or US Passport Card
  • Certificate of naturalization (if applicable)
  • Birth Certificate
  • Legal permanent resident or employment authorization card
  • Visa or I-94 (refugees, asylum, etc)

Please note that if you are applying for health coverage and planning to file taxes with spouse and dependents, their information is also required to complete your application.