The School-Based Health Center program is a collaborative effort between the Lynn Community Health Center and Lynn Public Schools. This program is designed to improve the health status of the elementary, middle, and secondary school students of Lynn by increasing access to health care through school-based services. All services provided are designed to meet the special developmental, socio-emotional and access needs of adolescents and youth. The SBHCs are satellite clinics of the Lynn Community Health Center which provides 24 hour, 7 day a week, year round back-up and access to a broad range of specialty services, health promotion and health education services.
Visit our April 2013 LCHCBeat for stories and information about our school-based health centers.
Primary Care and Behavioral Health Services provided on-site at the schools include:
- Health Screening and Assessment
- Preventive Health Services
- Complete physical examinations
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Referrals for evaluation and treatment of illnesses and injuries not suitable for treatment in the School-based health center setting
- First aid and treatment of minor injuries
- Collection of specimens for laboratory testing/screening
- Coordination with school health services
- Health education for students and families
- Health Education groups
- Smoking Cessation programs
- Health Resource for school staff
- Nutrition counseling
- Nutrition resource for school staff
- Case evaluation and management, coordination of Referrals
- Individual assessment and therapy for mental health issues
- Therapeutic groups
- Community health capabilities to provide in-home consultation and support to students and families
To enroll as a patient at a school-based health center, you must be enrolled as a student in the school where the health center is located. Parents must sign a parental consent form for students to receive services.
The School-Based Health Centers are open when school is open. If you get sick and the School-Based Health Center is closed you can call 781-581-3900 (Lynn Community Health Center) and a nurse will talk with you.