Women have many unique health care needs. We have an outstanding team of physicians and nurse midwives who are dedicated to making you feel confident and comfortable with your care. Your satisfaction is our number one priority.
Having a baby
Our OB/GYN team provides state-of-the art maternity care before, during, and after your pregnancy. We believe that every childbearing experience is unique, and we will work with you to design a care plan that meets your needs.
Maternal Health services include:
- Pre pregnancy counseling and care
- Prenatal care
- On-site Ultrasound
- Maternal-fetal medicine services for high-risk pregnancies and deliveries
- Nutrition services
- Social Services
- Evening office visits available
- 24-hour on-call support
- Deliveries attended by a trusted member of your team
We also offer unique support services not always available through private practices. They include:
- Baby Cafe: Thursdays from 10:30 am - 12:00 noon. Free drop in center offering breastfeeding support and assistance.
- Group Prenatal Care: a special group prenatal care program in addition to your regular care that allows you to connect and share your experiences with others who are at a similar stage of pregnancy.
- Prenatal education classes in English and Spanish on-site or at the North Shore Medical Center.
- Optional home visits during your pregnancy and throughout the first year of your baby’s life. A visiting nurse is available to provide education and support, plus routine developmental screenings for your baby.*
- Individual support is available from your nurse or case manger throughout your pregnancy and post partum.
- Social workers dedicated to helping you receive all necessary services.
*Offered in partnership with the Massachusetts Early Intervention Program.
One of our physicians or midwives will attend your delivery at The Birthplace at North Shore Medical Center. The Birthplace features state-of-the-art labor and delivery rooms, with the option of whirlpool delivery tubs, and private post-partum recovery suites.
Your baby will be evaluated by a Lynn Community Health Center pediatrician or family physician shortly after delivery and every day until you go home. These hospital consultations are free of charge and are the best way to make sure your baby has a healthy start.
Gynecology Services for Women of All Ages
We will work closely with you to make sure you understand everything about your medical needs, and that you are fully informed of all treatment options and potential outcomes. We will always make decisions with you, never for you.
Our GYN services include:
- Routine Exams
- Family Planning
- Emergency Contraception
- Pre- and post-menopausal care
- GYN services for Teens
- Pap tests
- Breast and cervical cancer screening
- On-site mammography
- Confidential HIV/STD testing and counseling
- Walk-in Services, including pregnancy testing
- On-site laboratory services
A Strong Partnership
Lynn Community Health Center has a strong partnership with North Shore Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital that enhances our ability to provide state-of-the-art women’s health care. When you go to the hospital to deliver your baby, or for any OB/GYN procedure, you will experience seamless integrated care.