**** Please note that this is a per diem position requiring 1 to 2 days per month****
Provide routine nutrition care to high risk participants under the supervision of the Senior Nutritionist at various WIC sites and LCHC.
The essential job duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids and blood-borne pathogens. Annual BBP Training is required. Up to date immunization and TB testing are required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccines are declined.
Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
1. Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
2. Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
3. Demonstrate professionalism by proper attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the clinical setting.
4. Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
5. Welcome new staff members and assist with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs nutrition assessment and certification, counseling, nutrition education and referrals for WIC applicants and participants.
2. Develops educational materials for demonstrations, audio-visual presentations or other educational activities for participants.
3. Collects anthropometric and hematological data.
4. Assists in training paraprofessional WIC staff, agency staff and health care providers.
5. Participates in quality assurance activities.
6. Provides follow-up nutrition education.
7. Participates in nutrition inservices and in policy-making staff meetings.
8. Participates in outreach activities.
9. Communicates with health care community on issues pertaining to participant needs.
10. Performs other duties as required, including daily peer review, co-signing and special assignments.
11. Works at multiple sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health nutrition, nutrition, food and nutrition; R.D. preferred.
- Bilingual helpful.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making capabilities.
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude.
- Good communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Prioritization and organizational skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the client population.
- Must be available to work at multiple sites, Saturdays, and during evening hours.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
One year experience in clinical or community nutrition.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID# 18-039