The social worker will be working in an integrated Primary Care/Behavioral Health Team Model in order to enhance health center patients’ capacity to improve their health. The ideal candidate will work to empower health center clients by addressing their social services needs and/or making appropriate referrals to collaborating agencies. Additionally, the social worker must be committed to working in a Primary Care Team Model as well as working with clients independently to provide appropriate follow-up.
- Respect & maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming & professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, & behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members & maintaining an open & positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees & students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team & mentoring them, as requested.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily responsible for addressing the social service needs of health center clients referred by the Primary Care/BH Team.
- Provide follow-up sessions as needed with health center clients or coordinating services by phone.
- Provide brief counseling, advocacy, & resource referrals as needed.
- Participate in case conference as needed.
- Maintain confidential client record as per LCHC confidentiality policy.
- Contribute to program planning & evaluation of Team Model of Practice.
- Be an active & integral member of the primary care/BH team.
- Advocate for patients with outside agencies such as social service organizations, schools, etc.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Conduct home visits alone or in conjunction with member(s) of the interdisciplinary team as appropriate, either at the patient’s home or in other locations in the community.
- To respond to patient care needs, the Social Worker may be assigned social service duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Provide training to BSW interns in collaboration with the field work instructor and liaison at any elected higher education institutions.
- Represent the Health Center at health fairs and other community events.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members & staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly & appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should health center emergency arise.
- Attend bi-monthly social services meeting.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings as warranted.
- Attend one (1) hour per week supervision with Director of Social Services or Social Service Supervisor.
- Director of Social Services
- Human services experience desired.
- Ability to work with children & adults, & the elderly.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the human service field (e.g., psychology, sociology) required, BSW preferred; bilingual/bicultural candidates strongly desired.
- LSW or License eligible – the Social Worker is expected to work progressively towards attaining LSW status
- History of good attendance & positive work attitude.
- Up to date immunization & annual TB testing is required.
- Hepatitis B vaccine & annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID # 17-099