*Please note this is a Grant Funded position through the Moms Do Care grant*
The social worker will be working in an integrated Team Model on the Sunflower, OB/Gyn, and Orange Teams in order to support health center families impacted by the opiate epidemic. The social worker will work to empower health center clients by addressing their social services needs and/or making appropriate referrals to collaborating agencies. Additionally, the social worker must be committed to working in a multidisciplinary integrated setting.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude
- Welcome new facility staff to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them as requested.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily responsible for addressing the social service needs of health center clients referred by the Primary Care/BH Team.
- Provide follow-up sessions as needed with health center clients or coordinating services by phone.
- Provide brief counseling, advocacy, & resource referrals as needed.
- Participate in all case conferences (including at least Sunflower and OB/Gyn Teams) as needed.
- Coordinate with collaborating outside agencies 6. Maintain confidential client record as per LCHC confidentiality policy.
- Contribute to program planning & evaluation of Team Model of Practice.
- Be an active & integral member of the integrated team.
- Advocate for patients with outside agencies such as social service organizations, schools, etc. Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Conduct home visits alone or in conjunction with member(s) of the interdisciplinary team as appropriate, either at the patient’s home or in other locations in the community.
To respond to patient care needs, the Social Worker may be assigned social service duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Provide training to BSW interns in collaboration with the field work instructor and liaison at any elected higher education institutions.
- Represent the Health Center at health fairs and other community events.
Grant Specific Duties:
- Coordinate the Lynn Recovery Council Meetings
- Responsible for data collection and some grant reporting in collaboration with data analysts and program lead
- Case Management for all patients enrolled in the Moms Do Care program
- Provide education, support, and guidance related to the treatment of patients with opiate use disorder to human services workers across the health center
- Attend bi-monthly social services meeting.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings as warranted.
- Attend one (1) hour per week supervision with Sunflower Team Lead
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- In order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties which differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a personal emergency plan in place to best respond to his/she job responsibilities should health center emergency arise
- Human services experience desired.
- Experience working with children, adults, pregnant and postpartum women, and people with substance use disorder.
- Experience with case management.
- Minimum of or working towards a bachelor’s degree in the human service field (e.g., psychology, sociology) required, BSW preferred;
- Bilingual/bicultural candidates strongly desired.
- LSW or License eligible – the Social Worker is expected to work progressively towards attaining LSW status
- History of good attendance & positive work attitude.
- The essential job duties of this position present risk of exposure to bodily fluids and blood borne pathogens. Annual attendance at LCHC Bloodborne pathogen training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended and available at no charge at the Health Center. Declination form must be signed if Hepatitis B vaccine is declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID: 18-192