20 hours per week
The Senior Care Options (SCO) Case Manager will provide case management; concrete follow-up, advocacy, outreach, and interpreter services (as appropriate) in order to coordinate services, facilitate and improve access to ongoing primary health care for members of the Senior Care options program. This position will work very closely with the SCO Program Nurse within the medical team and the multi-agency SCO team to address patient medical needs.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contributes to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them as requested.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides general administrative and clinical office support to SCO clinical staff.Schedule urgent appointments with specialists, PCPs, and comprehensive assessments as necessary.
- Schedule and monitor preventive care for LCHC/SCO patients.
- Scanning Hospital, Specialist, or procedural documentation into eCW/LCHC for SCO members and ensures providers receive copy prior to scanning into EHR.
- Answers phone and takes messages as appropriate: keeps PCT (Primary Care Team) updated on these calls and their outcomes.
- Outreach to potential patients within LCHC following CMS guidelines.
- Files Administrative paperwork and medical record documentation according to policy and procedure.
- Communicates with the CCA Program-Boston as needed regarding program enrollment data, activities and processes.
- Facilitate the updating of monthly reporting and tracking systems with clinical administrative SCO staff.
- Provides clients with culturally appropriate services based on individual needs and preferences.
- Provide feedback to providers regarding patient activity.
- Keep logs, statistics of consumer contacts, as required by funding source including updating patient registry and demographics.
- Attend SCO Team meetings.
- Attend monthly meeting with SCO director.
- Meet on a regular basis with SCO RN Supervisor.
Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service Training.
Utilizes the principle of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team member, and staff from other departments.
Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
In order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties which differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Two or more years experience performing a variety of administrative support functions.
- Medical Office Practice experience and experience working with Geriatric populations, both pluses.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously and problem solve with minimum supervision is required.
- Proficiency in word processing, Excel and other computer office software knowledge strongly suggested.
- Bilingual in Khmer or Spanish strongly preferred.
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude.
The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids, and blood-borne pathogen. Annual BBP training is required. Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. A declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccine is declined.
Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Job Posting #17-039