The Primary Care Team Registered Nurse, provides patient care within the ambulatory setting, utilizing assessment and teaching skills to foster patient health.The RN tracks patients at risk, collaborates with medical providers, performs POC treatments, administers medications/immunizations, and responds to the health education needs of patients and families. The RN provides information and direction to support the Team CA staff to assure clinic flow and that patient needs are met. Participate in LCHC community outreach efforts, as appropriate and as assigned. This may include serving as a health consultant for the Lynn Public Schools, local day care centers, after school program, day camps or other community related organizations; providing such services as programmatic consultation, preparation/review of health related policies and documentation or participating in health screenings, health education programs or counseling at health fairs and other similar community events.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triage patients by telephone or in person to determine urgency and level of care needed, assuring appropriate care disposition.
- Utilize Provider written orders or Standing Orders for administering and/or refilling medications, as required by the LCHC Medication Safety Policies.
- Administer vaccines in accordance with written medical order/ standing order and in accordance with LCHC Medication Safety Policies and current CDC/MDPH Immunization Guidelines.
- Utilize Infection Control and Prevention techniques in all areas of clinical performance.
- Perform patient procedures, assess patient health status, and provide health education to patients/families regarding pertinent health issues, clinical conditions, treatments, recommended follow up actions and /or home care.
- Communicate pertinent abnormal test results to provider. Track patients for necessary follow up documenting appropriately.
- Document observations, patient conversations, and nursing actions in EHR and appropriate logs. Ensure confidentiality of patient information.
- Perform or delegate various duties such as maintaining stock levels of medication, supplies and assure that broken or missing equipment is reported, repaired, and/or replaced.
- In the absence of the Nurse Case Manager, assign Clinical Assistant assignments, monitor clinic flow, and provide emergency case management as needed.
- Coordinate patient care with other departments or providers within the health center including social service, enrollment, referral, Behavioral health, HIV, WIC, HAWC, SBHC etc. to assure comprehensive health services for patients.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Attend all pertinent LCHC meetings.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should health center emergency arise.
- Graduate of accredited nursing program, current Mass. Licensure, BLS certification.
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude.
- Previous Community Health or Ambulatory Experience preferred. Experience with diverse populations a plus.
- Preferred bi-lingual in Spanish or Khmer.
- The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids, and blood-borne pathogen.
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required.
- Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccines are declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID# 18-003 (Green)