**** Please Note : That this position will require the idientified candidate to work up to four (4) evenings a week Monday- Thursday until 8:00p and a possible one (1) Saturday a month. ****
The Reception/Appointment Clerk Float will be assigned to provide coverage and support in the Contact Center, Central Registration and /or any of the clinical teams including Market Square/Western Ave. He/She will accurately perform activities related to the smooth functioning of the Patient Access Support Services Department. He/She must be flexible and adept to several workflow and/or changes and at juggling multiple tasks with competing priorities. S/he must be thorough, detail-oriented, and have excellent people skills. The individual must be able to proactively communicate issues or problems and recommend solutions to identified issues or problems. S/he is a self-reliant individual who is able to apply his/her knowledge of practice operations in order to problem-solve, prioritize and facilitate complex transactions in the course of his/her daily activities. This position works as part of a team and independently.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic health information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Provide coverage for Contact Center, Central Registration and Clinical Teams.
- Schedule appointments via online scheduling system.
- Verify and update demographic and insurance data in the computer.
- Translate for providers/patients as needed.
- Assist patients with insurance problems/questions with the assistance of enrollment staff
- Complete tasks within the registration and scheduling work queues, as assigned.
- Other duties deemed necessary or appropriate by Supervisor in order to ensure efficient flow of patients through the health center
- Page appropriate clinical staff when hospital and/or outside medical provider need to report results.
- Page Providers On Call & page Pace providers after 4:00 PM
- Attends monthly department meetings.
Additional duties when assigned to the Contact Center:
- Log into the call center queue and be available to take calls.
- Assist patients with an emphasis on positive customer service over the phone.
- Answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate person; take accurate complete messages via the telephone call template via the electronic medical record and send to the appropriate person.
- Assist clinical staff with triaging patient and interpret if necessary
- Make reminder calls to patients who did not respond to the automated reminder call system for upcoming appointments with an emphasis on positive customer service over the phone.
- Cancel or reschedule patients who are unable to keep their scheduled appointment.
Additional duties when assigned to Central Registration:
- Continually monitor appointment schedule and waiting room to insure patients are being taken care of in a timely manner.
- Greet, register and check in patients, with an emphasis on positive customer service.
Additional duties when assigned to a Clinical Team:
- Assist patients with an emphasis on positive customer service.
- Sort and distribute mail and faxes to appropriate person.
- Assist clinical staff with triaging patient and interpret if necessary
- Greet, register and check in patients as needed
- Take accurate and complete messages via the telephone call template via the electronic medical record and send to the appropriate person.
- Process specialty referrals and diagnostic orders as directed by provider.
- Generate insurance authorizations as needed based on insurance requirements.
- Process and document specialty reports and diagnostic results received.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural bias or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of secretarial program preferred
- Medical Terminology course completed within one year of hire
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office)
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), professional demeanor, good problem solving skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent customer services skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and to effectively support team goals and objectives
- Pleasant telephone manner; good memory and patience
- Ability to be courteous, efficient, effective, and patient under hectic circumstance
- Minimum 2 years of receptionist and/or secretarial assistant experience in a medical practice setting.
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Annual flu immunization is strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
JOB POSTING: 18-057 (Full Time)