The Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC)is a Federally Qualified Community Health Center located in a medically underserved urban area with a culturally diverse population of immigrants and working poor. We provide culturally sensitive acute, chronic, and preventive health care across the lifespan. The LCHC Urgent Care Physician is responsible for the medical care, treatment, & education of Patients who present with a broad range of medical needs.
- A full time position in Urgent Care is 34 hours. The minimum amount of hours is 17 hours.
- One evening a week (5 to 8 pm) is expected.
- If Saturday hours (8.30 to 3 pm) are not part of the base schedule, 6 to 12 Saturday shifts are expected either as overtime or replacement for regular weekly hours.
- The Urgent Care physician is expected to see 10-16 patients in an 8 hr shift.
- Respect & maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming & professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, & behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members & maintaining an open & positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees & students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team & mentoring them, as requested.
SPECIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts a program of care with total responsibility for examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients.
- Secures history and physical examination of the patient in outpatient service.
- Utilizes laboratory & diagnostic services as necessary.
- Makes a diagnosis & prescribes treatment as indicated.
- Performs emergency treatment in cases of serious illness or injury.
- Seeks outside advice & consultation as necessary; refers for medical surgical or other adjunct
- services those patients requiring specialty consultation, or for confirmation of diagnosis & treatment.
- Participates in preventive medicine activities such as immunization, disease detection, & prevention.
- Coordinates an education program for the patient & family.
- Refers patients to emergency room as necessary.
- Participates in regular medical component meetings.
- Fulfills the expectations of the physician contract.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members & staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members & staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly & appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should health center emergency arise.
Program guidance & administrative supervision are received from the Medical Director; professional guidance is received from peers, or higher trained specialist if available.
Professional supervision to the assigned staff of mid-level practitioners, nurse, & students.
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Med/Peds
- Mass Medical, MCSR, and DEA licenses
- ACLS certification
- EHR capable (EPIC preferred)
- The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids, & blood-borne pathogen. Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunization & annual TB testing is required.
- Hepatitis B vaccine & annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccines are declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job posting ID: 18-165