Physician is responsible for the medical care, treatment & education of patients throughout their life cycles, for their hospitalization & referral if necessary; also, for establishing & maintaining minimum standards of care and for the supervision & education of all other providers in regard to direct patient care.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic health information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts a program of care with total responsibility for examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients.
- Secures history and physical examination of patient in outpatient service.
- Utilizes laboratory & diagnostic services as necessary.
- Makes a diagnosis & prescribes treatment as indicated.
- Performs emergency treatment in cases of serious illness or injury.
- Seeks outside advice & consultation as necessary; refers for medical surgical or other adjunct services those patients requiring specialty consultation, or for confirmation of diagnosis & treatment.
- Participates in preventive medicine activities such as immunization, disease detection, & prevention.
- Coordinates an education program for the patient & family.
- Hospitalizes patients and assumes full care of those hospitalized patients.
- Assumes “on call” responsibility for hospital and outpatient service.
- Participates in regular medical component meetings.
- Fulfills the expectations of the physician contract.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural bias or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- Must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Pediatrics, or Ob/Gyn and have a Massachusetts license for the practice of medicine.
- History of good attendance & positive work attitude
- Must possess MCSR and DEA numbers to dispense restricted medications
- Must have completed full residency training as required by the specialty.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID # 18-070 (Pediatrics)