The Patient Access & Support Services Central Registration Supervisor is responsible for the operation of the health center’s reception, registration and appointment functions in Central Registration, on the Care Teams, and Urgent Care at 269 Union St. Under the direction of the TAG Manager, he/she is responsible for ensuring operational systems and procedures enhance patient and staff satisfaction. He/She is responsible for hiring, training, assignment scheduling and remediation of Central Registration, Care Teams, and Urgent Care reception staff occurs in a manner that fosters appropriate internal and external appointment booking, accurate scheduling and documentation of patient information, responsive customer friendly skills and fiscal responsibility.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by wearing appropriate attire, and modeling appropriate attendance, attitude, and behaviors within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to initiate change in a positive manner
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly supervises the daily operations of the reception staff in Central Registration, Care Teams, and Urgent Care.
- Hires, schedules, evaluates, and disciplines PASS reception staff in Central Registration, Care Teams, and Urgent Care.
- Provides EPIC Practice Management and insurance training for newly hired staff.
- In collaboration with other PASS Managers, Supervisors and the Billing Manager to provide ongoing EPIC Practice Management and insurance training for PASS reception staff in Central Registration.
- Assures reception staff language skills match patient needs whenever possible.
- Assures that all PASS staff is consistently courteous, informative, and professional in their demeanor and dress.
- Ensures the reception staff follows the proper registration guidelines, verifies insurances and processes co-payments.
- Utilizes patient panel reports and effectively communicate with clinical staff to improve patient access to care.
- Under the direction of the TAG Manager works on creating and effectively implementing new operational systems to improve access.
- Under the direction of the TAG Manager assists day/evening reception staff to trouble shoot problems and prioritizes tasks.
- Collaborates with other PASS Managers and staff to assure efficient, effective and customer focused telephone, reception and registration services.
- Works with the TAG Manager, the Chief Operations Officer, the Chief Medical Officer and the Director of Nursing to improve and maintain efficient and effective patient flow and information systems.
- Arranges for back up for PASS staff as necessary.
- Responds to patient complaints/concerns to assure appropriate intervention, and documentation.
- Reports any concerns/issues to the TAG Manager
- Attends appropriate meetings which include weekly staff meetings, Access and PASS meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of a respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- PASS Manager
- Supervises reception staff in Central registration, Care Teams, and Urgent Care
- Associates degree in healthcare/business management and/or equivalent administrative experience in health programs combination of education or experience
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making and effective collaboration capabilities to problem solve and work with professional staff
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, organizational skills
- Ability to deal discreetly with confidential matters
- Knowledge of Medicaid, MCOs and Commercial Insurances
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Familiarity with minority and culturally diverse populations, health access and social issues required
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
- Two to four years of experience in direct client service in a medical social service agency, preferred.
- Experience in client benefits or managed care, preferred. Supervisory or lead experience, preferred.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID # 17-132