The Medical Outreach Program of Greater Lynn model of care includes compassionate and persistent outreach to people experiencing homelessness; an emphasis on easy access to care through the use of walk-in and same day appointments; and an understanding of the comprehensive and complex needs of the individuals who are served. A “whole person” approach to care is performed through the consideration of medical, behavioral, social service and basic needs; the development of trusting and respectful relationships with individuals who are served; and the delivery of comprehensive services and supports using community based multidisciplinary teams.
The Medical Outreach Street Team is a mobile substance use disorder team that will provide on-site rapid assessment, treatment initiation, and stabilization in the community of Lynn including The Recuperative Care Center as well as additional outreach sites across Lynn Community Health center sites. This mobile clinic will be staffed by a multidisciplinary team, which includes a nurse practitioner, a case manager RN, patient care navigator, a recovery coach, and the advanced practice nurse. The care model will consist of rapid access to low threshold evaluation and treatment for individuals identified with SUD within the greater Lynn Community.
Patients will be assessed by the team and a patient-centered treatment plan will be determined. Pharmacotherapy will be initiated promptly for appropriate patients and linkages will be made to the suitable level of care within the community. Patients who cannot directly be connected to ongoing addiction treatment services will be managed by the team on a transitional basis until linkage is successfully achieved.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts history and physical exams and renders well care.
- Conducts appropriate sick care and renders diagnosis and treatment as indicated.
- Refers seriously ill patients to the physician or hospital as deemed necessary.
- Performs emergency treatment in case of serious illness or injury.
- Provides appropriate health teaching to patients and their families.
- Maintains appropriate contact with community resources.
- Participates in regular medical conferences as scheduled.
- Participates in continuing education on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains and updates protocols.
- Maintains appropriate medical records on all patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should health center emergency arise.
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts,
- Certified Addictions Registered Nurse - Advanced Practice (CARN-AP) (preferred).
- Current federal and state controlled substance certification/registration or eligibility. Buprenorphine waiver and ability to prescribe Buprenorphine.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s in Nursing
- These include but are not limited to: treatment recommendations for intoxication and withdrawal states identifying those with at risk alcohol/substance use assisting with facilitating appropriate discharge dispositions providing education/referrals coordination of services between providers, including others on the SUDs team psychopharmacological recommendations for medications for addiction treatments and co-morbid psychiatric disorders
- Relying on advanced training in psychodynamics, pathophysiology, physical assessment, pharmacology, treatment intervention, addictions management, harm reduction, and relapse prevention, the APRN provides an assessment and assistance with establishing comprehensive plans that address a broad range of concerns for the patient with Substance Use Disorder.
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Annual flu immunization is strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID # 18-084 (Part time 25 hours)