Medical Access Ambassador
The Medical Access Ambassador will accurately perform activities related to the smooth functioning of the Health Center teams and support efforts to providing integrated care. He/She is responsible for answering phones in a friendly and professional manner utilizing the ACES customer service skills. Verifies and updates demographic and insurance information in the electronic practice management system. Assist callers with scheduling, rescheduling, canceling and/or confirming appointments with medical, behavioral health, social services and/or enrollment. She/he is responsible for notifying patient if any insurance problems occur. Accurately assess calls before transferring if necessary to the appropriate clinical and nonclinical staff. He/she will request assistances from clinical staff when patient does not have an appointment and expresses a need for services.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete scheduling, pre-registration and insurance verification based on the Lynn Community Health Center standards.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude
- Welcome new Pre-Registration staff to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them as requested
- Other duties deemed necessary or appropriate by Manager in order to ensure efficient flow of work within the department
- Attends monthly department meetings.
- Checks insurance eligibility on every patient on the schedule for the next day, copies and paste it within patient’s chart.
- Assist patients with insurance problems/questions.
When assigned to the Call Center Queue:
- Log into the call center queue and be available to take calls.
- Answer calls and assists patients with an emphasis on positive customer service over the phone.
- Schedule appointments with medical and behavioral health providers, social services and enrollment via scheduling system.
- Verify and update demographic and insurance data in the computer.
- Gather pertinent information and transfer customer calls to appropriate staff.
- Assist clinical staff with triaging patient and interpret if necessary
- Translate for patients as needed.
- Page appropriate clinical staff when hospital and/or outside medical provider need to report results.
- Page Providers On Call & page Pace providers after 4:00 PM
When assigned to pre-registration:
- Verify and update demographic and insurance data in the computer.
- Make reminder calls to patients about upcoming appointments with an emphasis on positive customer service over the phone.
- Cancel or reschedule patients who are unable to keep their scheduled appointment.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- In order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties which differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- High School diploma required
- Completion of medical terminology training
- Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer routine questions in the most professional manner and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear and concise manner with patients of diverse ethnicity.
- Must demonstrate computer competency and proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office)
- Basic comprehension of registration, insurance types and referral process
- Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo, or interoffice note), good problem solving skills, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to take complete and accurate messages as per Lynn Community Health Center Standard
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within system
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- Pleasant telephone manner; good memory and patienceAbility to be courteous, efficient, effective, and patient under hectic circumstances
- Minimum of one year customer service work experience.
- Previous receptionist and/or secretarial assistant experience in medical practice setting preferred.
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Annual flu immunization is strongly recommended.
- All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID# 19-040; 19-057