- Work in a collaborative team environment to gain rich, hands-on experience applying improvement and innovation methodologies to healthcare operations.
- Self-motivated and organized individuals will have the opportunity to work with physicians, staff and leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for supporting key initiatives aligned with the organization’s strategy to improve business performance throughout the organization.
- Utilizes Lean methodology, engineering techniques and project management tools to plan, develop, execute and sustain effective improvement of critical business processes and systems.
Team Work and Facilitation
- Assists with the facilitation of improvement teams including pre-planning, execution, and follow-up of improvement activities.
- Work collaboratively with team leaders and the team to maintain momentum, track progress, ensure measurable outcomes, and manage conflict for effective team work.
- Ensures implementation of countermeasures and action items.
- Coordinates the communication and documentation of improvement outcomes.
- Supports the development of sustainment processes to ensure key performance indicators are achieved.
- Lead team meetings to set strategies, update project progress, and resolve outstanding issues to drives results.
- Support the facilitation of breakthrough innovation design activities (examples may include simultaneous process and physical space redesign, Design Thinking approach, 3P).
Improvement Methodology Application
- Support the application of Lean principles and methodologies to improve work processes and systems.
- Supports teams and individuals to learn lean principles and apply it to problem solving at their appropriate level. Problem solving tools include: 8 waste identification, Five Whys, Pareto Analysis, Visual Management, 5S, Pull Systems, Take Time, Mistake proofing, Standardized Work, Kanban Pull/Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping.
- Supports the application of advanced engineering techniques, including but not limited to operational research, human factors, queuing analysis, theory of constraints and simulation.
Project Work and Management
- Assist with several complex projects simultaneously, strategically selected to improve business processes and systems to most effectively meet the needs of our patients
- Provide project management support during project initiation, planning, execution, and closing
- Ensures appropriate deliverables are developed, including but not limited to workflows, process analysis, measurement plans, requirements documents, test plans, implementation strategies, and change management plans.
- Utilize project management tools and techniques to insure timely and regular reporting of project status to Sponsors, Project Teams and other customers. This reporting would include project progress as well as issue reporting.
Decision Support and Data Analytics
Provide advanced analytical support to process improvement teams. May include:
- Analysis of existing flow of patients, staff, equipment and systems to identify opportunities for improvement utilizing process observation, flow mapping, cause mapping, and demand and capacity mapping.
- Identify gaps between the current state and the desired future state of the problem under study utilizing regression analysis, statistical analysis, network analysis, data mining, data validation and data analysis.
- Evaluate decision alternatives utilizing feasibility studies, comparative statistical modeling and other planning and financial analysis tools.
- Assist teams with selection and development of appropriate metrics and measurement systems to quantify the efficacy of improvements.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 0 – 1 years related work experience required
- Currently enrolled in an academic program in a College, University or other advanced educational institutions, preferably an engineering, operations, business administration or related healthcare field
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of software products such as Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio, Word, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
Job Posting ID # 18-156