Psy.D, Ph.D, LMHC, LICSW
Will provide direct clinical service to patients in an integrated team based model of care; provide clinical supervision to interns and staff; participate in quality improvement and peer review; and help develop programming as needed by the director of behavioral health.
With respect to clinical duties:
- Perform comprehensive bio-psycho- social diagnostic evaluations with their patients.
- Translate evaluations into comprehensive treatment interventions to meet patient’s needs.
- Provide crisis management services in urgent situations.
- Create patient centered treatment plans, provide ongoing treatment, provide case management services, and assess patient’s ongoing clinic needs and progress.
- Coordinate care with other providers involved in the patient’s care including LCHC providers, the PCP, and providers from outside agencies.
- Incorporate health behavior change and wellness into treatment goals.
- Take a team oriented approach to patient care and fully participate in integrating behavioral health care with primary care.
- Treatment services provided will be based on credentialing privileges, related to their areas of expertise, and follow accepted guidelines and best practices.
With respect to team assignments and service location:
- Will provide care on the School Based Health Center (SBHC) team.
With respect professionalism, indirect services, supervising, and learning:
- Maintain a professional demeanor with patients, staff, and team.
- Work to create a positive environment that promotes team work.
- Use EHR to document clinical work to meet accepted standards of practice including those set by LCHC policy, JACHO, NCQA, state, professional association, and contracted insurance companies.
- Provide clinical information in a timely manner to obtain authorizations, complete billing, notes, outcome measures, and treatment plans promptly.
- Meet productivity targets which are determined on a yearly basis and may need to adjusted based on a variety of factors including specific duties and health insurance reimbursements.
- Participate in health center trainings and maintain CEU’s according to professional and state guidelines.
- Supervise interns or staff as assigned by the director of behavioral health.
- Attend trainings and commit to constantly improving skills and knowledge base.
- Create staff trainings and make staff presentations.
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement efforts, peer review, and program development.
SPECIFIC INFORMATION FOR LEAD THERAPIST:
School Based Lead Therapist is to manage and facilitate the effective integration of behavioral services into the school based LCHC team and into the school community. The Lead Therapist will work with school based medical NP and office manager to ensure school based operations run smoothly. The lead therapist will collaborate with the school and the LCHC School based team to create meetings and communication infrastructures to care for students behavioral health needs. This involves indentifying and managing referrals and collaborating when appropriate with school on care of student. The Lead Therapist will supervise and manage other BH clinicians at their site and participate in their biannual evaluation. The Lead Therapist will interface with schools to provide consultation, plan for services, and trouble shoot problems.
- Work with other team members to create team based care and foster medical integration
- Work with other team members to ensure smooth operational work flow
- Supervise other behavioral clinicians at the site
- Participate in program development
- Participate in quality improvement activities
- Ensure site is integrated into school, create needed collaborative infrastructure and meetings
- Provide educational and prevention programming as needed
- Previous training and experience working in a school based behavioral health team.
- Previous experience in participating in quality improvement activities and program development required.
- Previous experience in supervising interns and behavioral health therapists.
DUTIES WITH ASSOCIATED CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrate understanding of rules, regulations (HIPAA), and clinic policies regarding patient confidentially.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care.
Professionalism with patient:
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and respectful manner.
- Maintain a patient centered approach.
- Promptly respond to patient communications.
Professionalism in context of team work:
- Wear appropriate attire in line with standards for position and clinic policy.
- Be punctual, mindful of attendance, communicate to others when out sick or on vacation, communicate to others if unable to attend usual meetings or are unavailable to perform usual duties.
- Support all team members in their work.
- Communicate regularly with other team members about clinic work flow issues.
- Maintain an open and positive attitude.
- Communicate with team, utilize QA, or speak with director around work flow problems identified, use urgency on issues that compromise clinical care.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation or questions and mentoring them.
- Provide comprehensive bio-psycho-social diagnostic assessment at intake and at any point needed throughout the therapeutic treatment.
- Provide psychotherapeutic treatments; be well versed in at least two treatment modalities.
- Provide ongoing treatment planning.
- Provide crisis intervention and management services.
- Provide case management services.
- Use a team based approach with special emphasis on the integration of behavioral health into primary care.
- Provide psycho-diagnostic testing.
- Maintain patient records that meet health center, JACHO, professional, state, and legal standards.
- Complete patient records in a timely fashion.
- Bill services the day patient was seen.
- Respond in a timely fashion to UR coordinators when clinical information or extended care forms are needed by insurance companies to authorize more visits.
- Participate in peer review and QA activities
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Read and respond to emails.
- Conduct professional practice and behavior according to the policies and procedures of LCHC as well as therapist’s professional associations (e.g., American Psychology Association, American Mental Counseling Association, etc.) Code of Ethics.
Life Long Learning:
- Attend supervision with the Director of Behavioral Health or other providers as needed.
- Incorporate feedback from supervision to improve clinical skills and performance.
- Engage in regular self evaluation of skills; elicit feedback from supervisors, colleagues, and patients; be open to constructive feedback, respond to feedback from peer review process.
- Maintain CEU’s as required by the state.
- Attend CEU’s relevant to current practice and patient population.
- Attend 75% of health centered sponsored educational activities.
Supervisory/Clinical Leader Functions:
- Form working relationship with supervisee that clarifies expectations and boundaries.
- Work with supervisee to assess strength, weaknesses, and areas for clinical growth.
- Encourage two way communications; periodically assess ability to meet supervisee’s needs.
- Review cases with supervisee for appropriateness of treatment plan, ongoing progress, and application of therapeutic technique.
- Evaluate supervisee’s ability to perform duties and associated core competencies.
- Support supervisee in improving ability to perform duties and associated core competencies.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should health center emergency arise.
- School Based Health Center
MUST MEET QUILIFICATIONS OF THERAPIST POSITION LISTED BELOW
- Independent clinical license to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in one of the following areas: Psychology/LMHC/LMFT/LISCW
- Doctoral or Masters Degree, with commensurate practicum, internship, and post graduate work focused clinical mental health practice.
- Record of good attendance, be able to work as part of a team, and have positive work attitude.
- Experience in treating patients from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds that present with the full range of mental illness and have different levels of functioning.
- Experience consulting and/or collaborating with the various agencies that provide care and support in the community for mentally ill patients.
- Previous experience in supervising interns, license eligible therapists, and staff members helpful.
- Previous experience in participating in quality improvement activities and program development helpful.
- The essential duties of this position may present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids, and blood borne pathogens.
- Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required.
- Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID 17-173