The Documentation and Support Specialist is responsible for the management and tracking of service and support contracts, licenses, business associate agreements, certificates, and other documentation required for hardware, software, and vendor support as well as assisting the ITS team in coordination and updating the various policies, agreements and other documentation required to maintain the business. In addition, this team member will assist with coordination and planning of meetings and small projects, and will assist with management of the phone line and ticket queue.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The role of the Documentation and Support Specialist includes, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Management and tracking of service and support contracts, licenses, business associate agreements, certificates, and other documentation required for hardware, software, and vendor support
- Notification to the appropriate IT staff at least one month prior to expiration of any of the above
- Create and maintain a database of documentation for efficient management of above
- Assist with management of security policy and procedure updates annually to meet compliance requirements
- Some organization and coordination of team meetings using Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- Monitoring of the IT phone line and assistance with the ticket queue
- Create weekly and monthly reports to show department metrics
- May require off-hours (weekend, evening, holiday) availability for issues and special projects
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Always provides proper notification and advance notice of absences.
- Reports to work on time each day and after lunch and break periods.
- Maintains a well-groomed appropriate appearance.
- Maintains a clean, well-kept work area.
- Involved with, or member of, professional organization(s) allowing ability to keep up with industry knowledge.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with EHR users, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- This position requires the ability and means to travel to various locations across the city of Lynn. Must provide proof of automobile insurance with limits that meet or exceed State of Massachusetts requirements.
- Body position: Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, stretching, stooping and lifting.
- Body movements: Must have ability to bend, stoop, twist and work with computer equipment. May involve lifting up to 30 pounds of equipment. May involve sitting for long periods of time, or moving about the health center locations.
- Body senses: Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate documents.
- Language: Must read and write English above a high school level. Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Additional language, especially Spanish, helpful.
- Associate degree in a relevant field is preferred
- In-depth understanding of and experience with Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, other MS Office Suite applications
- Project Management experience for small projects is a plus
- Experience in a healthcare environment is preferred
- Proven track record of high level customer service required
MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Organizing and prioritizing tasks with great attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills in dealing with users of all experience levels
- Ability to follow explicit instructions as well as show initiative once full understanding of the project has been achieved
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to convey a sense of confidence and trust to all customers
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written communications
- Ability to work independently and exercise appropriate judgment
- Ability to carry out administrative and consultative responsibilities as required
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail required
- Ability to relate to and work with people of all ages, social and ethnic backgrounds and maintain patient and organizational confidentiality
- Excellent speaking and documentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Up to date immunizations, annual TB testing
- Hepatitis B and flu vaccines are strongly recommended
- Results of CORI (Criminal Offender Record Investigation) must be acceptable under health center standards
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and successfully complete annual Customer Service training module online
- Appropriately handle or seek support when customer service breakdown occurs
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultural diversity and successfully complete annual Cultural Competence training module online
- Respond appropriately or seek support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule
- Understand that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID # 17-052