Under the general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the position of Director of Decision Support is responsible for the direction and oversight of reporting and analytics. Develops and manages all critical reports and provides general analysis needed to support strategic decision-making. Ensures strategic objectives are met by providing necessary information to business operations, finance, regulatory and clinical functional areas. Works closely with end-users and business leaders to understand requirements for data mining and advanced analytic solutions. In addition, monitors critical metrics and informs leadership of potential risks. Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to insure accurate and timely delivery of reports. In addition, leads and performs programming and analysis as needed. Requires working knowledge of SQL, Crystal Reports, data mining techniques and data analysis. Additional duties include providing guidance and mentoring to staff as required, and working with the business owners to set priorities of projects and associated tasks.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treats all employees and patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrates professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contributes to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcomes new employees to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works across business areas as the primary lead in the development and management of all internal/external reporting. Monitors projects, determines potential problems and guides them to a successful completion.
- Monitors data and reporting projects, determines potential problems and guides them to a successful completion. Focuses on a larger picture, and pushes toward the strategic vision.
- Leads changes/enhancements to business processes, policies, and system infrastructure including project management when needed.
- Builds a strong local reporting and analytics team through formal meetings, training, coaching, mentoring, and other development techniques.
- Stays abreast of healthcare trends and changes in regulatory requirements as they relate to the health center and the industry. Provides relevant feedback and advice on metrics and data practices to keep current with these trends and the environment.
- Engages with and manages external business partner relationships. These partners include data reporting services at OCHIN, Inc., Azara Healthcare, Mass. League for Community Health Centers, North Shore Health Systems, Mass. Department of Public Health and other partner agencies.
- With the COO, CIO, Security and Privacy Officers, participates in the development and maintenance of data governance policies and procedures.
- With the grants team, consults and advises on data and reporting capabilities for existing and prospective grants.
- Performs programming and analysis as needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service Training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- Chief Operating Officer, LCHC
- 2 direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant healthcare/analytics field, statistics or clinical informatics. Masters preferred
- Previous experience in data warehouse, analytics environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing actionable data sets for the purposes of evaluating, improving, developing business and clinical quality programs
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with professionally and culturally diverse populations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use electronic reporting systems, EHRs and other health informatics; Epic EHR Experience preferred
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- The essential duties of this position will be to develop a robust, fluid, collaborative Decision Support Unit and developing our ability to better manage and report our business intelligence.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting Id #17-044