The Data Analyst is responsible for supporting key initiatives aligned with the organization’s strategy to improve business performance throughout the organization. Utilizes data analysis techniques to provide essential information needed to improve and manage critical business processes and systems. Self-motivated and organized individuals will have the opportunity to work with physicians, staff and leaders at all levels of the organization.
This is a hands-on technical job that requires experience with relational databases, Microsoft SQL database queries, and Crystal Reports/Reporting Services. The Data Analyst works collaboratively with improvement teams and end-users to understand data and reporting needs in order to produce timely reports that are accurate, clear and formatted to be easily consumed.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Decision Support and Data Analytics
- Provide advanced analytical support to operational, clinical, process improvement and grant teams. May include:
- Maintains thorough understanding of data sources, information architecture, and documentation workflows.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Produces timely and accurate reports, presented in a clear and relevant format
- Willingness to work in ambiguity regarding data, and showcasing tenacity to research and resolve problems relative to the data
- Conducts technical specifications reviews and develop Reporting Workbench reports, Clarity Crystal Reports, data extracts, and Dashboards.
- Assist teams with selection and development of appropriate metrics and measurement systems to quantify the efficacy of improvements.
- Works collaboratively to ensure requirements are met.
- Leverages 3rd party tools such as Business Objects/Crystal, Power BI, Minitab for data analysis as needed
- Participate in planning for organizational reporting needs. Participates in the definition and design of the core/ standard, ad hoc reports, and data extracts. Participates in health center data projects (dashboard, etc.) and in developing innovative methods for health center staff to access data.
- Performs technical peer review as assigned and provides constructive feedback to support team members as necessary.
- Provides required documentation for all reports and extracts by following the department standards. Manages knowledge transfer to staff.
- Performs report analysis and other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- In order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties which differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Minimum of a BA/BS in a relevant healthcare/analytics field
- Previous experience in data warehouse, analytics environment required
- 1-5 years experience with business intelligence or reporting applications such as Crystal Reports required
- Strong knowledge of SQL; ability to write complex SQL queries and complex stored procedures required
- 1-3 years experience managing data reporting for grants preferred
- Previous experience working with Epic electronic health record preferred
- Epic Certification preferred
- SQL Certification preferred
- Affinity for technology and interest in healthcare operations
- Ability to successfully obtain Epic certification(s) with provided training(s)
- Understands the technology capability as it relates to the business requirements
- Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them
- Must possess excellent communications skills, including oral, written, and graphical display of data
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed reporting environment
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Annual flu immunization is strongly recommended.
- All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID: 19-017