The Ob Case Manager provides prenatal education & case management for pregnant & postpartum women. He/she assures that the patient has been enrolled in an appropriate health insurance plan, for their prenatal & delivery care. The Ob Case Manager provides support & outreach to the community through groups &/or educational classes or groups. He/she collaborates with the providers, RNs & other members of the multidisciplinary health care team to foster optimal pregnancy & post partum care for the patient & attainment of the patient’s self care goals.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude
- Welcome new facility staff to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform intake assessment for prenatal patients.
- Make appropriate patient referrals to WIC, Healthy Start, VNA, diagnostic, & off-site care, Behavioral Health, Substance Abuse, etc.
- Follow up on no-shows & abnormal labs by contacting patient by telephone or mail, or, if necessary, a home visit.
- Arrange transportation for patient, if needed.
- Teach women about the importance of pediatric care & assist patients in accessing pediatrician.
- Educate patients on Birth Control Options.
- Coordinate patient attendance for prenatal, centering pregnancy & other classes or support groups.
- Assist the Nurse Case Manager in other functions as directed & communicates any concerns that arise related to the patient’s care or well-being.
- Serve as a patient care advocate & provide translation when needed.
- Incorporate basic teaching of all aspects of prenatal care into visits with OB patients according to agreed upon OB protocols.
- Document accurately in patient’s electronic record or paper chart at each visit, assuring that all instruction/counseling given to patient is recorded appropriately.
- Copy & assemble prenatal health & educational material regarding pregnancy & provide to & discuss with patient at appropriate gestational age.
- Assure that each patient has a Labor & Delivery Plan & has completed all necessary paperwork for hospital admission. This includes the Global Consent, the Birth Certificate Worksheet, Hospital Registration Form & any assistance needed for insurance application.
- Perform a Delivery Assessment within 3 days post partum & assure follow up care for mother & newborn.
- Assure that depression screening & newborn care & safety issues are discussed at post partum visit alerting RN of patient No-Shows & need for follow-up.
- Assess need for education & referrals as needed. Collaborate with other organizations or individuals to provide support & education needed.
- Maintain record of case load for follow up calls, education and /or visits.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- In order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties which differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a personal emergency plan in place to best respond to his/she job responsibilities should health center emergency arise
- Family Planning Counseling Certification
- HIV C&T Education
- Case Management experience required
- Position requires minimum of an Associates Degree in a related field
- Depression Screening Training.
- Human service experience preferred. (Outreach or counseling/education experience).
- The essential job duties of this position present risk of exposure to bodily fluids and blood borne pathogens. Annual attendance at LCHC Bloodborne pathogen training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended and available at no charge at the Health Center. Declination form must be signed if Hepatitis B vaccine is declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID: 18-191