Work in a collaborative team environment to gain rich, hands-on experience applying improvement and innovation methodologies to healthcare operations. Self-motivated and organized individuals will have the opportunity to work with physicians, staff and leaders at all levels of the organization.
The Business Transformation Advisor is responsible for supporting key initiatives aligned with the organization’s strategy to improve business performance throughout the organization. Utilizes Lean methodology, change management techniques and project management tools to plan, develop, execute and sustain effective improvement of critical business processes and systems.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the organizational efforts to ‘create a problem-solving culture’ through the application of Lean thinking and practice.
- Develop strategies to spread Lean thinking:
- Build LCHC’s internal improvement brand to ensure Lean thinking is embedded into the culture, infrastructure, and management system.
- Nurture LCHC’s co-learning partnership with the Lean Enterprise Institute.
- Support LCHC’s efforts to promote Lean thinking within the broader Community Health Center network.
- Support the operationalization of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Assist in the annual and ongoing planning process with the executive team to ensure alignment and synchronization of clinical and operational tactics with the organization’s strategic plan. Facilitate the identification of key organizational objectives and establish processes by which progress is monitored throughout the year.
- Support LCHC’s shift to Daily Management processes – provide coaching and hands-on assistance as needed.
- Attend various meetings to keep a pulse on the business and help connect dots with others across the organization.
Team Work and Facilitation
- Facilitate improvement teams including pre-planning, execution, and follow-up of improvement activities.
- Foster a highly collaborative atmosphere. Bring stakeholders together to collaborate and solve problems across departments and divisions.
- Work collaboratively with team leaders and the team to maintain momentum, track progress, ensure measurable outcomes, and manage conflict for effective team work.
- Ensures implementation of countermeasures and action items.
- Coordinates the communication and documentation of improvement outcomes.
- Supports the development of sustainment processes to ensure key performance indicators are achieved.
- Lead team meetings to set strategies, update project progress, and resolve outstanding issues to drives results.
- Support the facilitation of breakthrough innovation design activities (examples may include simultaneous process and physical space redesign, Design Thinking approach, 3P).
Improvement Methodology Application
- Lead the application of Lean principles and methodologies to improve work processes and systems.
- Teach teams and individuals Lean principles and how to apply to problem solving at their appropriate level.
- Problem solving tools include: 8 waste identification, Five Whys, Pareto Analysis, Visual Management, 5S, Pull Systems, Takt Time, Mistake proofing, Standardized Work, Kanban Pull/Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping.
- Analyze existing flow of patients, staff, equipment and systems to identify opportunities for improvement utilizing process observation, flow mapping, cause mapping, and demand and capacity mapping.
- Identify gaps between the current state and the desired future state of the problem under study.
- Lead teams with selection and development of appropriate metrics and measurement systems to quantify the efficacy of improvements.
Project Work and Management
- Lead several complex projects simultaneously, strategically selected to improve business processes and systems to most effectively meet the needs of our patients. Leading includes taking responsibility for the planning, implementation and follow up activities related to the specific project as directed.
- Orchestrate the prioritization of resources across projects and manage links between projects. Ensure the right people are involved.
- Provide project management expertise during project initiation, planning, execution, and closing, focused on critical success factors (project milestones and deliverables) and the development of contingency plans.
- Ensures appropriate deliverables are developed, including but not limited to workflows, standardized work, process analysis, measurement plans, requirements documents, test plans, implementation strategies, and change management plans.
- Utilize project management tools and techniques to insure timely and regular reporting of project status to sponsors, project teams and stakeholders. This reporting would include project progress as well as issue reporting.
- Assists with the performance of functional and financial impact assessments of Lean initiatives to ensure a prudent use of resources and long-term financial viability.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- In order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties which differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Desire to operate across multiple departments and at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates interest and enjoyment of work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Demonstrates an exceptionable ability to listen without bias, think critically to discern the key salient points and focus on the tasks that will move the initiative towards its goals.
- 2 - 5 years of operations experience; healthcare experience desired, or;
- 2 - 5 years of facilitation, leadership, and/or management experience, or;
- 2 - 5 years experience in continuous improvement leading, implementing, and sustaining major change initiatives
- Change management project experience:
- Trainer – Able to train on continuous improvement concepts
- Facilitator - Able to facilitate continuous improvement sessions
- Beginner level coach – Able to coach team members and team leads
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Annual flu immunization is strongly recommended.
- All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID# 19-052