Position available for experienced medical biller to provide supervision and oversight of expanding billing department. Billing Supervisor will work under the direction of the Patient Accounts Manager to maximize team and individual performance. Supervisor will monitor team member’s work performance, address performance issues, and coordinate team meetings to address billing issues. In addition to department supervisory responsibilities, will also perform duties of the Sr. Billing Assistant including claims processing, denials, balancing month end reports, follow-up and tracking denied claims.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
- Performance of routine Senior Medical Biller tasks.
- Monitor of team members work performance.
- Addresses work performance issues.
- Performs team meetings on a routine basis to address billing issues.
- Meets with Manager on routine bases to address work and performance issues
- Produces Manager requested reporting.
- All other reasonable tasks assigned by Manager.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- Knowledge and experience as a Sr. Medical Biller
- Effective collaboration and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Accurate numerical ability and be detail oriented.
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude.
- Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are provided by the health center free of charge.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable according to health center standards.
- Ability to meet reasonable deadlines for monthly closing
- 5+ Years experience as a Medical Biller with specific experience of NEXTGEN.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID # 17-100