The A/R Processor fulfills those defined tasks/responsibilities relative to posting medical reimbursements.
- At least one year cash posting experience for a Healthcare Provider.
- Experience with NextGen Software preferred.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Correct, as well as efficient, application of all insurance reimbursements to corresponding patient accounts.
- Research all unidentified cash and checks to determine the appropriate patient account.
- Provide Daily/Monthly reconciliation sheets to ensure all cash is reconciled and posted to the patient accounting system.
- Process electronic remittances and reconcile to the bank deposit to ensure all remittances balance.
- Assist with refunds and credit balance review as needed.
- Document repetitive errors/issues and report to supervisor for resolution.
- Work with management to improve processes, increase accuracy, create efficiencies and achieve overall goals of the department.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- Works under the direction of the Patient Accounts Manager.
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- Accurate numerical ability.
- Detail oriented.
- Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Ability to meet reasonable deadlines for monthly closings, work independently as well as part of a team, strong research skills.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID 17-049